Site Inactive
Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sovereign of Lords Forum Index -> The Sol Patch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atravidua
Sovereign

re: May 30th, 2016

Ode to Sol

Now I’m sure you must’ve heard, I’ll be striking a chord,
This sections about the fabulous guild Sovereign of Lords.
Our appreciation is so deep, I hope the lines don’t get blurred
I’m simply not sure I can find the best words
Now I’m tasked to show gratitude to a group of great nerds
To capture the magnitude of the recognition you deserve.
Among the guild officers, a thought occurred.
We discussed with the colonels and all concurred:
For a guild this virtuous, our thanks cannot be deferred.
Our guild has gone above and beyond;
To show our appreciation, we have to respond.
When we asked for donations, we were slightly optimistic.
There was some speculation but we remained realistic.
This was a big syndication, and Sol's so familistic.
We were all blown away from a guild this altruistic.
With Toga Party for MS, philanthropy abound.
We requested assistance, donations poured down,
Members contributed legendaries: a hammer, greatswords.
The officers were touched, our hearts truly soared.
Suffice it to say: faith in humanity - restored.
Our guild came together on its own accord; we became a herd, together we roared.
When we call for help, you’ve never shied away,
I think it's true to say we have the best guild, NA.

Here comes part two, we're calling a get-together,
Keep in mind this is unaffected by inclement weather.
We’ll be gathering in the guild hall of Sol,
I know on the whole that we’ll have full control.
The reason for our gathering? For this, I’m thrilled,
We’ll be taking a group photo of the entire guild!
We’ll be in teamspeak for this special occasion,
I anticipate this rhyme will act as persuasion.
The date is June 4th, it'll start before missions,
We hope you'll show up, hope there are no omissions.

If the photo is something you’re looking forward to,
It may excite you to learn we’re creating a “Yearbook Crew.”
With photos featuring your favorite classes, old and new,
Plus “Remember When’s” and Superlatives - that’s just a sneak preview.
It’s still in the works but I think it will be fun
With hope, it will be enjoyed by everyone.

Upon saying all this, we know it's a rarity
To find a community that displays such charity.
To sum it all up, Sol has responded to the call.
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you all.

~Lyra

What's New in WvW (this time)?

Many of you may have noticed some odd changes happening on your WvW tab.  Wondering what the heck is going on and asking yourself why you're suddenly NSP and not SF.  Has Anet moved me?  Did they delete my account?  Have I always been NSP??!  O.M.G!!  Not to worry friends, we're here to help.  WvW is undergoing some major changes with the spring quarterly update so lets check em' out.

Firstly, understand that WvW is in beta right now.  Nothing is permanent as of yet.  After the first 3 month (approx) trial beta we hope to have a better understanding of how WvW will be changing on a more permanent basis.  Lets talk about the two most obvious changes first.  1) The old borderlands are back.  YAY! Enough said.  The “current” idea is to rotate between Alpine and Desert Borderlands on a quarterly basis.  2) Although we are still on Sorrows Furnace server, we have been linked with another server in WvW to create a larger team through World Linking.  The idea being for lower population servers to have more “playable” time in WvW.  We are now Northern Shiverpeaks, or NSP.  Whether we keep our current matchups or not is still being decided, though the polls are not looking like we will. Moving on...

Another addition to WvW is the newly implemented rewards track system.  This works much like the PvP rewards track.  Loot is given at the end of each 15 minute tick interval and is determined by your participation level.  This includes killing, sieging, maiming, defending, murdering, building, assassinating, repairing, slaughtering, securing, executing, and zerging.  After 10 minutes of inactivity your track begins to decay, so no sheltering in a hidey hole and collecting rewards.  But what about scouts and defenders you ask?  That is an excellent question friend.  A fantastic new feature has been added to allow the commander to assign 1 out of every 5 players in squad to receive shared participation rewards.  This level will be based on the participation of the squad as a whole.  This will allow other players to reap the same rewards while doing less violent, though equally important, tasks such as scouting for the enemy or defending our keep.  This rewards track will also be implemented in EOTM, just on a slower gain.  That means no more leveling toons in EOTM.  Experience gained is through your rewards track and WvW level only.

Other changes include new visuals on your ground-targeting reticles based on profession.  This is to help differentiate between reticles placed and determine your own quickly in combat situations.  Plus they look cool.  There are also new vendors and outfitters, including a cultural armor vendor, as well as new items like 18 and 20 slot bags and Siegemaster's Satchels which prioritize siege weapon blueprints.  Proof of Heroics have been converted to currency and are no longer soulbound.  You can now use them to unlock new trait lines for other toons.  Hoorah!!  And lastly, a freakin' amazing new WvW ability line called Provisions Master.  This not only gives you access to a Permanent Portable Provisioner so you can buy siege anywhere,  it also allows you to auto loot all the enemies you've downed.  Sooo awesome!!  The ability line is as follows:

• Provisions Master I: This allows players to purchase a Permanent Portable Provisioner from any WvW outfitter.  This item allows players to purchase siege-weapon blueprints from anywhere in WvW.
  • Provisions Master II: This allows players to purchase tricks and traps from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
  • Provisions Master III: This allows players to also purchase food and utility consumables from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
  • Provisions Master IV: This teaches players to automatically pick up loot from fallen foes.
  • Provisions Master V: This increases the number of Badges of Honor players find when they loot fallen foes.

Included among the many additional changes are; class skill balances, player wall and hit caps, damage changes, reduced health scaling on bosses, and map configurations.  You can access a full list of all spring quarterly updates here.

Note: At the end of the WvW beta the Gift of Battle will no longer be available for purchase.  It will only be attainable through a separate line on the rewards track.  So use those Badges and purchase a few now for future legendary crafting!

Thank you for joining me on this WvW adventure!

~EverSkye

Get That Gold!

End MS

As some of you may have noticed, we started a 50/50 raffle this past month in Sol Guild!

On April 16th in the Chamber of Ministers in Divinity's Reach, a bunch of fun-loving people gathered up in their pseudo-Greek attire to help us celebrate Toga Party for MS.  The Guild Wars 2 community is truly wonderful; their eagerness to help end MS has shown both in game and out.

If you don't know what a 50/50 is, allow me a moment to explain.  Traditionally, one would buy a ticket (or 100, however many you'd like) for a set amount of money.  At the end of the raffle, a ticket is pulled from a hat or whatever and that ticket wins half of the money raised.  The other half goes to the charity running the event.

The event consisted of many fun activities.  There were sPvP matches, on-going trivia in mapchat, and legendary giveaways over GW-EN radio.  People participated in Strike-a-Pose and there was a huge Greek-themed costume contest (and let me tell you, the creativity in this community is astounding).  All this while fun music and informative Q&As played over the radio, along with thank-yous from people who's lives have been affected by MS.

This is what we're doing in Guild Wars 2.  Tickets cost 1 GOLD and are available by either depositing directly into the Treasure Trove section of the guild bank, or contacting Lyra or Atra by in-game mail.

We left Divinity's Reach for only one game, The Naked Marathon.  Participants ran through predetermined checkpoints in Metrica Province.  Naked.  One of the best parts for me as a checkpoint person was seeing a mob of naked players run passed.  I knew it was coming, but it was still surprising and hilarious.

At the time of posting, the total is up to 917 GOLD!  Half of that gold is going to the member with the winning ticket and the rest is being put toward Pink Day in LA in October!  A raffle will be held every other month.

Upon coming back to Divinity's Reach, we closed out the event with a Quaggan Waddle all through the city.  With the quaggan's new ability to fly, even more hilarity ensued as we climbed to the highest points in the city just to jump off and cackle hysterically in TeamSpeak.

The winner will be announced during the guild photo on June 4th!

Fun was had by all and the lovely Guild Wars 2 community raised over $3.6k for MS this year.  The consistent enthusiasm for these events has me excited for the future and all the things we can achieve with such a generous and caring playerbase.

~Angel

~Atra

***TRANSCRIPT OF ENTRANCE INTERVIEW FOR ANGELMANCER OF SOL INTO THE DURMAND PRIORY***

Steward Gixx:  Angel, welcome.  Please, have a seat.  I like to interview all applicants prior to their acceptance into the Priory, even ones as well-know as you.

Angel:  Sounds good to me, Steward.

Gixx:  Please state your race, profession, and home.

Angel:  I am a human necromancer.  I was born in the Salma District in Divinity's Reach, Kryta.

Gixx:  Good, now tell me a bit about your childhood.

Angel:  My sister, Deborah, and I were orphaned at a young age.  My parents were killed when thugs broke into our house.  We grew up at the orphanage in Salma District until we met this guy, Pete.  He seemed to really get us.  My best friend, Quinn, and I joined up with the street gang right away.  Deb was always the more cautious one.  When she finally did join, Pete had the three of us working together to steal some food for the gang.  Quinn, the goof that he is, almost got us all caught.  Deb took the fall for him.  She was taken by the Seraph.  After a year or so, she got out and I ran into her on the street.  She was wearing a Seraph uniform!  I was thanking the six that no one else was with me because the gang does not take kindly to deserters.  She told me that Pete was a scumbag, that there were people who actually cared about what happened to the street kids.  I talked to Quinn about getting out, but he was scared.  When I finally did leave, Quinn went with me... but after a few days he went back to Pete.

Gixx:  And you stayed out of the gang?

Angel:  Yes.  I paid back my imagined debt to Pete and set out to explore the country, like my sister had.

Gixx:  What happened after you left Divinity's Reach?

Angel:  I entered Shaemoor during a centaur attack.  They were hitting the fort along Lake Delvan.  The Seraph were starting to lose people.  I couldn't just stand there; I had to do something.  I fought, alongside Logan Thackeray if you can believe it!  We drove back the centaurs, but then the Modniir High Sage took off and conjured a Greater Earth Elemental.  Captain Thackeray and I wore it down a bit, but then it exploded.  I was knocked unconscious and woke up in a hospital.  The told me that Captain Thackeray had brought me there and that I was out for three days.  After that, the people of Shaemoor and the Captain started calling me the "Hero of Shaemoor".

Gixx:  So you saw Logan again?

Angel: Oh, yes.  Quinn was still in the gang with Pete and I went undercover to expose a threat to Queen Jenna.  The gang was going to poison the water supply for Divinity's Reach.  I went with Captain Thackeray to protect the well.  We stopped the poisoning, but one of the people we caught told us that Quinn was dead.  Pete had killed him because I betrayed them and tried to get Quinn out.  I was ready to kill Pete and the Captain wanted that street urchin gone, so we set a trap.  Using me as bait, we lured Pete to an inn.  It was an ambush.  The Seraph arrested the gang members, and I showed Pete why you never mess with a necromancer.

Gixx:  Where was Deborah during all this?

Angel:  Deb had been missing for a while.  She joined an elite branch of the Seraph, the Falcon Company.  The were ambushed by centaurs.  She didn't make it out, but they never found her body.  Since I helped uncover the plot against Queen Jenna, Captain Thackeray said he would search the Seraph records for any helpful information regarding my sister.  She was listed as being under the charge of one Captain Tervelan.  Tervelan had been one of the only ones to make it out alive.  I spoke with him and he insisted that all of Falcon Company was dead.  After aiding him with some centaur problems, I found a journal belonging to a Willem Harrinton.   It said that the centaurs dragged off a few of the Falcons, my sister included!

Gixx:  And did you find her?

Angel:  I did.  After some more digging, Captain Thackeray and I found her being held in Kessex Hills.  I had finally found my sister. 

Gixx:  Such a heartwarming story.  And then you came here to join the Priory?

Angel:  No.  After finding my sister, Queen Jenna summoned me.  Captain Thackeray had been keeping her informed of all the good I was doing and she asked me to help settle a dispute between the Priory and the Vigil. 

Gixx:  Ah yes, that was about what was happening in Lychcroft Mere?

Angel:  Yes.  Captain Thackeray said that there was some undead there.  I went to investigate. 

Gixx:  Josir was there with the Mortus Virge?  (Angel nods.)  He reported back to me directly about your success with that mission.  That's when you really came on my radar.

Angel:  Well, the thing with that mission was that the children spoke of a Seraph named Kellach and how hordes of undead followed him everywhere.  Naturally, the orders wanted to investigate.

Gixx:  Naturally.

Angel:  This time, I teamed up with the Order of Whispers.  We tracked the Seraph and found out he was looking for Alastia Crow.  He was cursed and she told him that the only way to cure the curse was to bathe in royal blood.  We had to talk to her ghost to figure it out, and as soon as we did, we sent word to Captain Thackeray.  We made it back to Divinity's Reach just in time.  Kellach arrived with a horde of undead following him.  We told him that Alastia Crow lied, but he didn't believe us.  We had to put him down.

Gixx:  And then here we are now?

Angel:  Yes, Steward Gixx, and I would truly love to join the Priory.

Gixx:  Wonderful.  (Gixx offers Angel his hand.)  Welcome to the Durmand Priory, Angel.

***END OF TRANSCRIPT***

~Angel

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sovereign of Lords Forum Index -> The Sol Patch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: