Site Inactive
Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sovereign of Lords Forum Index -> The Sol Patch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atravidua
Sovereign

re: July 31st, 2016

New Stuff and Things:   A Legendary Pink Day:

Attention Guildies: We have new things!!  So much exciting stuff to talk about so let’s get started.

First, if you haven’t yet noticed, we have a new weekly schedule implemented to expand our PvE guild events for all members.  We have PvE events Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays now.  These events change weekly and range from farming, to mastery points, to AP runs, or the latest Walk the Plank event in which teams of 4 had to protect a level 2 Officer while navigating across Tyria. (I know right?! So cool!)  We have prizes and loot and fun, so don’t miss out.  WvW is Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays.  And guild missions are still held on Saturdays at reset.  We promote upcoming events on the Sol website and Facebook page, as well as in guild chat so keep an eye out for them.  Our weekly schedule is always posted on our website as well as the guild tab in game.  Attendance for these events has been awesome lately so thank you to all who have been joining.  If you haven’t then shame... just, shame on you.  But don’t worry.  It is possible to redeem yourself by coming to the next event, so be there.  Seriously, they are so much fun and it’s a great way to get to know other members. Plus, you can show off your mad skills.

Next we have our Secret Santa aka Xmas in July event.  This is always a popular event and this year was no exception.  We exchange gifts with other guildies in secret.  There are tiers ranging from 51 silver to 225 gold, and you can participate in as many as you’d like.  We have officers assigned as tier managers to act as the go between for you and your recipient.  You can even make a wishlist to ensure you get exactly what you want.  It’s really exciting when you log in to find gifts overflowing your inbox.  It’s almost like Christmas morning... BUT IN JULY!! (ya see what I did there?)

And finally, along with the Sol website and Facebook page, we now have a Twitter and Instagram.  Join them and stalk us, we don’t mind.  In fact, we encourage it.  Check them out and see what juicy info they will bestow on you.  The latest gossip on who’s dating who?  Pics of the skimpy outfits our leaders wear on the weekends? (especially Insane but shhhh, you didn’t hear that from me)  Hilarious in game pics and vids?  Maybe one, maybe all.  You’ll just have to see.

Our guild loves Pink Day in LA.  Based on the amount of articles we've already written about it and how much our officers and leaders talk about it, I'm sure you all know this by now.  We've spent a lot of time talking to you about why Pink Day is great and the things we've done in the past to help out, so I believe it's time to tell you all what we're going to do for this year's event.

We have chosen our legendaries!  Using your votes, we have picked the top four to craft as donations to the Pink Day prize pool from the guild.

• Bifrost - Angel is crafting
  • Kudzu - Charred is crafting
  • Meteorlogicus - Entro is crafting
  • Bolt - Charred is crafting

Angel and I sat down with Charred and Entro to find out what materials (mats) we still needed from what we had between us plus things we've received from the wonderful guildies who knew this was coming.  Would you like to know the best part about that little sit down?  Kudzu is good to go! (Aside from some dungeon runs, but that will go quick.)  Even more good news: We mostly just need tier six (T6) mats and then precursors for the others!  That gold we've been raising will soon go to use!  (We would like to keep the gold for precursors only at this point, so we're mostly looking for mat donations.)

This post has a list of all the mats we still need and is going to be updated meticulously whenever these amounts change.

Thank you everyone who has contributed so far.  Thank you for participating in our fundraising events.  Thank you Sweetcheekxx for gambling in the forge and sending us The Leaf of Kudzu.  You are all wonderful and you deserve the world!

~Atra

Facebook: Sovereign of Lords

Twitter: @SolGuild_HoD

Instagram: @solguild

Tumblr: solguild.tumblr.com

~EverSkye

[Sol] Yearbook:

We have a yearbook now!  You can thank Tiva for the brilliant idea!  We've already released the Summer Edition (that you can find here), which features our guild leaders, prize winners, light armor class photos, guildie candids and more.  The yearbook is a great way to share guild events and get to know [Sol]’s members a little better.

If you didn’t get a chance to help with the Summer yearbook release, fear not!  We will be releasing the next section in October!  The yearbook committee will always be open to taking in more helpers.  If you don’t want to join the committee, but still want your screenshots in the yearbook, please send them to us at solyearbookcommittee@yahoo.com!  We need all the pictures we can get our hands on to make the yearbook as amazing as possible!

We also need your help in voting for all of our guild superlatives.  The summer edition featured “Most helpful/giving guildie” (Congrats Sweetcheeks!) and “Most likely to D/C” (Insane! ha!).  We will be releasing two more superlatives soon that you can vote for on the guild website.  Please cast your votes; this is a fun way to showcase some of our members!

For all who helped and participated in the Summer Yearbook release, thank you so much!  It looked amazing and was so much fun to look through.  I love seeing all the things our guildies participate in.  A special thanks to Lyra who put the most time into preparing the yearbook for our viewing pleasure!  If you have any ideas for the next yearbook, come to our next committee meeting! We would love to hear your thoughts.

~Brandi

A Ghostly Raffle:

As you might remember, our guild recently had a very successful 50/50 raffle, with proceeds going towards Pink Day.  Sol's community is well known for it's altruistic members, and the generosity kept rolling in.

At the end of June, Sir Baristen (sword flame master) won a Ghostly Infusion while in a raid.  This Ghostly Infusion, worth 389g, is an infusion with extra stats such as +5 Power, +5 Agony Resistance, that you can place in an ascended trinket.  But in addition to making your character stronger / tougher / better, it also gives your character's appearance a “ghostly” effect.  Any character lucky enough to be rocking this piece will have translucent black and blue swirls emanating from it, which makes you look, in general, totally bad ass.

When Bari won this Ghostly Infusion, he determined it wasn't quite his style.  But instead of selling it and making a quick almost 400g, he offered it up for charitable purposes.  He decided to raffle the piece off to guild members.  The rules were each guild member could buy a ticket for 1g, with a max of 5 tickets being bought, and a random name would be selected as winner.  The raffle generated lots of interest in the guild.  In the end, Bari raised 137g in this raffle, and donated 100% of it towards Pink Day!  Thanks for being so awesome, Bari!

Oh, and the winner was none other than Buttons (AlbinoFury)!!  Check out the Yearbook for an awesome screen shot of Buttons rocking his Ghostly Infusion with style.

~Lyra

Everything But the Pumpkin Carriage:

Adorning chandeliers accenting massive stone pillars.  Extravagant landscapes of rose bushes and waterfalls.  Huge wooden doors concealing hundreds of tables lined in purple, white and gold.  Food and wine from all corners of Tyria.  Massive griffon wings of glass encompassing the entire skyline.  Bursts of light magic, almost blinding, but so beautiful it is impossible to look away.  This is the Crown Plaza like I have never seen.  Such riches and extravagance are seldom viewed by a street rat like me.

But I’m ahead of myself, allow me to explain how I arrived here.

Logan Thackeray, that’s where it all began.  Centaurs were attacking Shaemoor.  The Seraph Captain was calling for help.  What’s a man to do?

Fight of course!

Steel against horns, armor against hooves, we drove back the centaurs.  Thus starting a lifelong friendship between Captain Thackeray and myself.  The battle was over and we had won, but I had been badly injured and left for dead.  It was Logan who found me.  He patched me up and carried me to safety.  When I finally awoke, I found myself in the safety of my own bed, my own home.  I owe Logan my life.

Now home, healed and refreshed, I set out to find my childhood friend, Quinn (names have been changed to protect the innocent and my own identity).  It had been three years since last we’d seen each other.  In my search I discovered that he had joined Two Blade Pete’s Gang.  Well, he always was an idiot.

Quinn bragged to me about this important job he had to do for Pete and asked me if I wanted to join.  I decide to tag along, mostly to keep Quinn alive, and so we set out for Shaemoor.

It turns out the job was stealing poison.  Lots of it.  I confront Quinn about this atrocity but am only threatened to stay quiet.  This I cannot do.  My hand is forced and I decide to tell Logan everything.

Logan, knowing Pete and what he is capable of, takes me to see Countess Anise, the Queen’s personal bodyguard, and together we inform her that Pete is up to no good.  The Countess, fearing the Queen’s life may be in danger, tasks me with my first undercover mission.  (Spoiler alert: It did not go well.)  Turns out Pete’s gang is now all buddy-buddy with the local bandit ring, so this is who I’m to infiltrate.  Countess Anise used her powerful mesmer magic to disguise me as a bandit so I looked the part.  Now, I only had to sound and act the part. No problem, right?  I was totally calm, cool, and collected.  Barely anyone noticed the fountains of sweat that poured down my face as I stumbled through the front door spouting obscenities and scratching myself.  I was a natural.

I made two huge discoveries:

1. The bandits were under the protection of a very powerful minister.
  2. The bandits were going to have Pete’s gang poison the only water supply in Divinity’s Reach.

I tell Logan and Countess Anise what I had found, and what does Logan do? Logan effing Thackeray walks right into the Queen’s throne room, right up to the Queen, and said that there’s a traitor among the ministry!  Minister Arton was there, and I explained what I’d discovered.  Handling the bandit problem had been tasked to Minister Arton, so Logan essentially called him out.  Queen Jennah doesn’t believe the Minister to be a traitor since he was a trusted confidant for her father, as he is now for her.  She tasks us with proving his innocence.  I found myself wanting very badly to please the Queen.  She is truly magnificent.

Upon further investigation we discover when and where the plan to poison the water supply is going down.  We gather our weapons and race to the Reach.  We make it there just before Pete’s gang and the bandits can poison the water supply.  I shadowstep and grab the vial of poison before stabbing two bandits in the back.  Logan throws a gang member into a wall and bashes another in the face with his hammer.  We’re suddenly battling all of them.  Watching Logan in action is truly amazing.  He swings his hammer and bodies go limp.

We back the last couple into a corner, nowhere for them to go.  They feebly attempt a last attack, but with Logan’s magic blue shield combined with my flitting about, they can’t touch us.  Or so I thought.

That’s when they tell me Pete has killed Quinn.  Quinn is dead.

Blinded with fury, I lash out with one swing of my daggers, instantly killing them both.  The fight is over.  The people of Divinity’s Reach are safe.  We have won and I can’t see through the tears sliding down my face.  Logan vows to help me catch Pete and have my vengeance for Quinn.

We set a trap in a bar that Pete frequents nightly.  Logan hides in the shadows as I sit inside, waiting for Pete.  He knows I want vengeance for murdering my best friend, and I make no secret of it.  However, Pete doesn’t know that I’ve got the Seraph and Captain Thackeray on my side.

He strolls in like he owns the place and calls me out.  I don’t say a thing, I let my weapons do the talking.  Logan tells Pete that he can come quietly or not at all.  Pete goes for the “not at all” option.  I beat down his cronies without breaking a sweat and bring Pete to his knees.  He pleads for his life, telling us the Minister giving the bandits aid is Caudecus.  I thank him, right before driving my dagger through his heart.

A few days later I receive a letter and an invitation.  The letter was from Logan, thanking me for all the help.  The invitation was from Queen Jennah.  To a Ball.  At the Crown Pavilion.  With Her Majesty!  And I am an honored guest!  OMG!

It’s so surreal.  I’m a street rat.  In no way do I deserve to be honored at the Queen’s Ball.  I’m totally speechless.

I’m introduced at the Ball and Countess Anise is the first to welcome me.  She congratulates me on my success and brings me to the Queen.  Logan at her side, as always.  Queen Jennah thanks me for helping Minister Arton and uncovering the plot to poison the city’s water.  I babble some sort of response like a fool and continue to stare.  She has the voice of a goddess, magical and mystical.  I found myself completely entranced by it.  She is so beautiful, so elegant.  It is very clear why Logan fell in love with her.

Later, Logan points me in the direction of some girls that are just begging to be danced with.  I saunter over and allow them a dance or two.  They are pretty yes, but pale in comparison to her Majesty.  I fear I have been ruined.  The Queen still has my full attention, and I think she always will.

~Olyvir Skye, Investigative Journalist

Thoughts on WvW Thus Far:

Some of you may have noticed that you are no longer linked with the same server as you were before.  Here is a full list of all the current links (as of June 24th @ WvW reset):

• Tier 1
    • Blackgate
    • Tarnished Coast
    • Yak’s Bend
  • Tier 2
    • Jade Quarry & Anvil Rock
    • Dragonbrand & Isle of Janthir
    • Fort Aspenwood & Sanctum of Rall
  • Tier 3
    • Maguuma & Devona’s Rest
    • Sea of Sorrows & Northern Shiverpeaks
    • Stormbluff Isle & Henge of Denravi
  • Tier 4
    • Darkhaven & Ehmry Bay
    • Sorrow’s Furnace, Ferguson’s Crossing & Gate of Madness
    • Crystal Desert, Kaineng, Eredon Terrace & Borlis Pass

So, why is this match-up good for the server and Sol?  Well, this helps spread the work out a bit.  Weekends in WvW are almost always full and are a good time for all, unless we’re facing omni-blobs which is only fun for those in the blob.  With the larger links in our match-up, the fighting is pretty even, which is more fun for the server communities.  We win some fights, we lose some fights, but it’s overall a good time for everyone!

The linking system is great for the guild wars community in general.  Guilds and individual players are now interacting with players and guilds that they wouldn’t have been able to before.  This causes a camaraderie between the guilds and players on different servers, and may even influence some players to switch servers when they find like-minded players and guilds!

Another recent addition to WvW are reward tracks.  We’ve spoken about reward tracks when they were first brought to WvW, but there’s been another new addition that affects your progress.  The timer for point rewards in WvW has been reduced from 15 minutes to only 5 minutes.  This timer doesn’t only affect your server’s WvW score, but also how often you receive progress in your currently active reward track.  Perhaps the best part of this reduced timer is now players don’t have to wait out the 15 minutes when they’re ready to stop playing.  Waiting for 5 minutes to register your current progress is a lot less of a hassle than making yourself sit around in a tower somewhere for the rest of a 15 minute cycle.

The addition of reward tracks in WvW was something that dedicated WvW players had been asking to be added in for quite some time.  The overall rewards for WvW had been scarce and underwhelming.  Players would go broke in game buying siege and armor and weapons for themselves and the server.  This was incredibly unfair to those dedicated to WvW.  Rewards tracks, while not completely balancing it out, have made it much more lucrative for players.  They now have more items that they can sell for gold on the TP, as well as earning things they need, like siege, armor, and weapons, just by playing their favorite aspect of the game.  The new WvW timer has helped balance the payout for them as well.

Overall, WvW has gotten a huge overhaul, which is great for the community and individual players.

Enjoy your WvW and we'll make sure to keep you updated on all the new things!

~Atra & Angel

Top Secret:

Olyvir Skye,

News of Branded attacks has reached me. I have witnessed Kralkatorrik’s destruction firsthand in Ebonhawk many years ago, I do not wish to witness it again. The Charr treaty is still so new and I do not wish to cause doubt between our races.  I would like you to investigate why the Branded have suddenly become so agitated, attacking anyone and anything in their path. I will grant you access to the asuran gate. You will head to Ebonhawk in cover of darkness. Gather what knowledge you can as stealthily as possible.

Best Wishes,

Queen Jennah

I received this letter by royal messenger. Her Majesty is sending me on a top secret mission, to discover the cause of these continued Branded attacks.

When I arrived in Ebonhawk I moved south through the city, completely unnoticed by all. I arrived in the Brand as the sun peeked over the horizon. Branded activity was high here, but that was normal for this area, so I headed north and by nightfall I was in the Blazeridge Mountains.

The further north I traveled, the more Branded I encountered. And that was anything but normal. They rarely ventured away from the Brand. This was becoming very interesting. I kept my distance as I followed a group of about ten Branded Charr and Humans further north along the Blazeridge Mountains. As their numbers continued to grow I became increasingly weary, though strangely they didn’t seem to be aware of their surroundings in the least. They were completely focused on whatever quest Kralkatorrik had sent them on.

It was when we passed The Last Whiskey Bar that I realized just how far we had traveled, but still, we headed north.

So many gathered now that I had lost count. They walked on, never sleeping. I also had not slept; too many Branded around anyway. But I was, admittedly, completely exhausted. The one saving grace was the actual act of following them was quite simple, especially at night, as the creatures crystal fur and the humans hair both emitted a soft violet glow.

By morning we were nearly to the Great Northern Wall. It was here they stopped. I quickly rushed to the shadows to hide, watching as they surrounded this glowing, clearly visible magic. I didn’t know what it was, but the Branded were consuming it. Not in the same way that Zhaitan’s minions consumed magical artifacts; more like it was seeping through their crystalline hide and into their very beings.

Something rustled behind me and I slipped deeper into the shadows. As the noise moved closer I recognized the symbol of the Priory, one of the three main orders of Tyria. If they were investigating this new magic that had appeared, then it must mean something. Something big.

The Priory scholars used their magic to fight back the Branded and forced them away from this consuming orb of magic, and back to the Brand. They then set up collectors and gathered samples of this new magic into these receptacles. At one point my Priory contact wandered away from the group to collect an orb. I took this opportunity to speak with them. I shadowstepped behind, quickly placed my hand over their mouth, and shadowstepped back into the darkness.

My contact, a recent addition to the Priory at my request, informed me what was going on. The Priory was investigating ley line energy, a type of magic only recently discovered in Magnus Falls. The Priory wasn’t sure what exactly it did, yet, but their researchers had been working around the clock. Presently, all they really know is that the dragons and their minions want it. I deposited my contact back with the other Priory members and departed.

When I arrived back in Ebonhawk I scribbled a letter to Queen Jennah, explaining all that I had found. I decided to stay and see what more I can learn about this ley line energy from the Branded and from the Priory. I’ve heard whispers that the Consortium and the Inquest are both here as well. If the Inquest are involved, I know it’s bad news.

There is a story here, I know it.  Something is not right and I’m going to find out what it is.

~Olyvir Skye, Investigative Journalist

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sovereign of Lords Forum Index -> The Sol Patch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: