Site Inactive
Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sovereign of Lords Forum Index -> The Sol Patch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelwriter428
Lord Sovereign

re: Ashara's Propaganda Press

Ashara's Propaganda Press

Ah, excellent, the next test subject to turn into an avid WvW player. Let’s just adjust these straps here, and don’t mind me while I prepare to prop your eyes open. Oh, excuse me a moment, my assistant is frantically waving at me. What’s that? Oh dear. It seems there has been some mistake. A harmless clerical error, I assure you. But, now that you’re here, hello and welcome to my humble corner of this publication. Refreshments and lack of restraints will come at the end of the tour… probably…

Now then, as some of you know, I’ve taken to writing about recent experiences that I’ve had within WvW and posting them to our Facebook group. I try to stick to the good moments since we all know that WvW has its share of good and bad moments… since no one really wants to dwell on that time you were trampled by a horde of people frantically pressing 1 on their keyboards… or how that small highly skilled group that just manhandled your larger group. So, in my opinion, as long as you’re having fun and hopefully doing it with friends, it’s the experience that really counts. And, I hope that’s the vision that you guys get from reading my posts. Or will get if you join the Facebook group and read them later.

Now then, I suppose if I had to pick a moment to re-tell here, it wouldn’t be a moment that centered around me or one of my achievements… but, I was there to witness it in live action. Picture if you will, my pug zerg including some Sol members had just captured Air keep on the desert borderlands when we saw that there were some enemies still inside the keep. Not only were they inside, but they were making no effort to leave. Naturally, we moved towards them and found that they were waiting for us on top of the stairs. They must have felt they had a chance to fight us in a confined space, but we convinced them otherwise by killing those we could and forcing the others to leave.

I had thought that we were probably going to resume our steady circuit of pip-farming and karma-training the map as the other servers fought over an upgraded Fire keep until Derk mentioned in TS that the group we chased out of Air were over at the nearby Earth shrine. Since this wasn’t the first time we’d encountered them, I figured that we might as well pester them for a change. And, I don’t think they were really expecting us to come since we ended up killing most of them near the shrine. But, just when I thought it was over, I look over and see Angel in hot pursuit of this one guy off in the distance – running west.

She’s on a traditional Guardian chasing a Dragonhunter (I think) and knowing that Angel generally doesn’t have a lot of interest in PvP, I don’t want her to get too separated from the group. Of course, since I’m the tag, that also means that I end up dragging my little zerg along with me. But, I figured that Angel would tire of the chase and let that guy go. Not. Even. Close. Instead of giving up, she continues to chase after the guy like he’s winning lottery ticket that’s getting blown away by the wind. And, the only way we stopped her was to catch up and kill the guy.

It was such an epic squirrel – or straying way off tag for those not familiar with the term – that it inspired Derk to take a picture of the map and illustrate just how far she chased this guy. And, in her defense, all she could say was that “they shouldn’t have been so cocky.”  And, you can ask her if you think I’m making it up.

FB_IMG_1500424329173.jpg

Ultimately, I just want share the moments with guildies that I WvW with often and hopefully inspire others that may not play the game mode as much that there’s always some fun to be had even in the worst matchup. And, if other people end up writing about their own experiences, I would welcome that too.

I hope you enjoyed the read and thank you for reading,

~Ashara

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sovereign of Lords Forum Index -> The Sol Patch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: